Sunday, July 6, 2008
And since I am busy posting all kinds of old projects - here are some sculptural pieces.
1. Dragon wall hanging- Carved cherry with purpleheart eye.
2. Penguins - Carved orange alabaster.
3. Skull - Variegated Rhyolite - damn that stuff was hard, found it in a bin labled rainbow alabaster, expected it to be soft.
4. Rockfish - just a little piece of rock that I found and spoke to me.
Since I haven't actually published any of my jewelry pieces on this blog, I thought it would be a fine time to do so.
1: Amber and sterling rollerskate bearing pendant.
2: Turquise and copper rollerskate bearing pendant.
3: Sterling and emerald pendant
4. Sterling and ironwood pendant
A couple months ago, when I was staying with my dad in Ann Arbor, I had the opportunity to play with his wood lathe. Here are a couple of pieces that I made, and one that I made with him.
The first - with the easter egg candy, is cherry, and dad and I made it together; the second I made from Mulberry; the third-with more candy, it was easter time - is aromatic cedar; and the forth is made from maple burl.
I think they turned out pretty well (hah hah...).