Since I had a little spare time over the last week, I worked on Salt Cedar Bow 1 –
There is still a bit of twist to the bow, but it doesn't seem to have much impact on performance, and it seems to make the the string line up almost as if it was a centerfire bow.
I didn’t really have a target weight in mind, so it ended up a little stiffer than I expected, probably around 70# at full draw. And it appears to handle that without any trouble.
Again, I didn't do a fabulous job on the tillering, a bit softer on the right than the left.
I didn't measure the set, but it does hold onto some.
It’s relatively short, about 55” strung, but I think that it came together very nicely in the end.
My arrows from Nice Archery came in this weekend also! Naturally, I didn’t have time to try them out over the weekend, since my family just came home, and father’s day happened, and the next three days have predicted 20+ mph winds, but they look very pretty! I’m sure they will be awesome. It will be interesting to see how they do with Salt Cedar Bow 1.
I had been playing with my one carbon fiber arrow and Autumn’s flimsy plastic ones, and it seemed a lot more accurate with the floppy pink ones J
I will have to make another one - good thing I have three more pieces. I think about 50# will be my target for the next one.