Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Kitchen Knife LS1



I finally finished up the kitchen knife that I was working on. It looks a little different than I planned at the beginning, but that is the way it goes some times. So without further ado...introducing LS1, my first Santuku inspired slicer/carver.

Remember, if you are interested in what it looked like before, go to the Acrylicandsteel blog
If you are into recycled goods, the steel for this came from the leaf-spring of an old jeep or dodge truck. It is most likely 1086 or 1095 steel, similar to what I've used on past knives.

Erica gave me the wood for the handle last year, it is Tulipwood, and very pretty in my opinion. The Corby rivets are brass.
The whole thing is about 12 1/2 inches long with a blade of 5 1/4 inches.

I think it turned out pretty well.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great work! It's beautiful!!