Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010

A new decade.

After a brief trip to Michigan, we are back home in Albuquerque, and back to work.

Michigan was unexpectedly sunny, with two days of sun. In Michigan that means COLD, I'm not sure it made 15 degrees either day. We had a little snow, but nothing difficult to handle.

I finished and gave my dad the paring knife that I had been working on. It was my first effort using an old file to turn into a knife, and I think it turned out pretty well. I made the handle out of kingwood, and pinned it with a mosaic pin that I got from Jantz Knifemakers supply.




The olive handled hunting knife that I was working on is done except for the sheath, and a few rust pits that I need to work out. Never wrap a knife in a cloth with something that is damp. Its amazing how fast things rust under those conditions.

The custom kitchen chopper is almost done too. Here is a bad cell phone picture. It obviously still needs a handle.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Bethany Dirksen said...

That is so interesting looking. Please put up another picture when you put on the handle. I can't wait to see the finished product!

www.dirksendabbles.blogspot.com