Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kitchen Style

TheKitchen...this is really the place that people use knives the most, so I've made some knives appropriate for the location.

My dad said that I should switch to entirely stainless steel, because its sooooo much easier to take care of. So I made one. But I made one with Crucibles Cru Forge V steel too. Which isn't stainless. Stainless is a pain to forge, and I like forging knives a lot better than just grinding them to shape.

I'm pretty happy with how both of them turned out. And hope you like them too. They'll probably go up on etsy for sale soon, after Erica takes better and more pictures of each one.

One of these days I plan on having a makers stamp made, but these are still stamped in my primitive style.

So, without further ado, let me introduce AR36 and SS3:

AR36 - Chefs Knife - 6 1/8" blade, 10 1/2" Overall, Hand Forged Cru Forge V steel chefs blade, full tang, Coccobolo with brass pin and tubes.



and SS3 - Japanese style kitchen Chopper - 4 1/2" Blade, 9 1/4" Overall, Ground CM 154 Stainless Steel blade, Black Palm bolster, Birdseye Maple handle, Brass Tubing accents/pins, full tang, leather thong.



Let me know what you think :)

A

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love how the Japanese style one turned out!